Answers to your Frequently Asked Questions ("FAQs") are posted on this page. To ask a question, please use our automated form. FAQs will be posted every Wednesday. FAQs will be posted daily during the week prior to the deadline for submitting Pricing Proposals and Qualification Materials.”

All FAQs

Go to Page:    1 (Newest)    2    3    4    5    6    7    8    9    10    11    12    13    14    15    16    17    18    19    20    21    22    23    24    25    26    27    28    29 (Oldest)    | << Back to FAQ Categories

  • FAQ-79:
    Is there a program designed specifically for municipalities?  Does the SREC-Based Financing Program allow municipalities that wish to install solar systems on various municipal buildings to participate?

    We are not aware of a solar program designed specifically for municipalities.  As Solicitation Manager for the SREC-Based Financing Program ("Program") for ACE, JCP&L, and RECO, we note that the owner of the projects proposed under this Program may be a customer or a developer, the owner of the premises or a renter, a private or public company, a for-profit or a non-profit organization.  The Program does not preclude municipalities from proposing solar projects that would be installed on various municipal buildings.

    We invite you to consult the RFP Rules that are posted to our Web site as these provide a number of requirements that projects must meet, available here.

    06/09/2010 in General

  • FAQ-78:
    A Project is owned by a Developer. The Project is connected to a Customer at non-transmission voltage. The Customer is connected to the utility at transmission voltage. Is the Project eligible under the SREC-Based Financing Program (“Program”)?

    To be eligible for the Program, the Project must be eligible to generate SRECs. Under current regulation, for a Project to be able to generate SRECs, the Project must NOT be interconnected at transmission voltages. The ownership of the Project is not at issue.

    02/22/2010 in Requirements for Proposals

  • FAQ-77:
    What is considered transmission voltage?

    Transmission voltage differs for each company. For ACE, the transmission voltage is 69 kV and above.

    The situation for JCP&L is complicated because JCP&L uses 34.5 kV in two configurations - Y and delta. The "Y" configuration is considered primary distribution. The "delta" configuration is considered high tension and thus transmission voltage. Please see the page 301 of the PJM OATT Tariff (www.pjm.com/~/media/documents/agreements/tariff.ashx) which states: "The annual transmission revenue requirement is [...] per megawatt per year, which reflects the facilities of 34.5 kV delta and higher voltage for Jersey Central Power & Light Company."

    For RECO, the transmission voltage is 69 kV and the owner must connect to the distribution system. This must be done at a primary or a secondary voltage.

    02/22/2010 in Requirements for Proposals

  • FAQ-76:
    Do the EDCs have information concerning how much they will charge for the required SREC meters?

    Yes. Meter costs will depend on the capacity and service at the site and depend on the EDCs. The information we have is as follows:

    • for ACE, SREC metering costs are approximately $850 for the self contained sites and $2300.00 for transformer rated sites.
    • for JCP&L, typical costs are provided in the SREC Meter application form. JCP&L invoices the customer for the cost based on the required meter then installs the meter once the invoice is paid.

    RECO is in the process of developing updated information.

    02/02/2011 in General

  • FAQ-75:
    Does the Program only apply to “behind the meter” installations or does the Program also apply to Projects directly connected to the grid?

    Only "behind the meter" installations are considered in the SREC-Based Financing Program. All Sellers will be required to arrange for net metering arrangements with the EDC.

    02/22/2010 in Requirements for Proposals

  • FAQ-74:
    What steps are involved in transferring SRECs from solar projects to EDCs under the SREC Purchase and Sale Agreement? Additionally, who is responsible for each step in the process?

    Under the SREC Purchase and Sale Agreement ("SREC PSA"), the owner of the project ("Owner") agrees that the EDC will install, own, and maintain an EDC kilowatt-hour meter (the "SREC Meter"). The SREC meter is the only meter used for registering SRECs under the SREC PSA.  The EDC is responsible for monthly meter readings from the SREC Meter.  The EDC will also be responsible for uploading the monthly meter readings from the SREC meter to the PJM-EIS GATS system.

    In order for the EDC to perform this function, the Owner must complete, execute, and submit PJM's Schedule A – the Generator Owner’s Consent Form ("Schedule A").  Each Owner is expected to set up a Generator Owner account with PJM-EIS GATS and to submit Schedule A to PJM-EIS upon completion of the project.

    In Schedule A, the Generator Owner must name the EDC as the account holder to which it is granting authority and permission to create and trade all SRECs associated with the project.  Once Schedule A is submitted and approved, PJM-EIS GATS will allow the EDC to perform meter reading uploads as the account holder. SRECs will also be registered to the EDC’s PJM-EIS GATS account, and thus no manual SREC transfers will be required by the Generator Owner.

    Schedule A is available here[http://www.pjm-eis.com/documents.aspx]. Schedule A is to be submitted to:

    GATS Administrator
    c/o PJM Environmental Information Services, Inc.
    955 Jefferson Avenue
    Norristown, PA 19403-2497

    To set up a Generator Owner account, please visit PJM-EIS GATS here [https://gats.pjm-eis.com/%5Cmymodule%5Cmypage.asp] and click on the link "Not a member? Register here"

    The PJM-EIS GATS Administrator may be contacted as follows:

    PJM-EIS GATS Administrator
    Phone: 610-666-2245
    Fax: 610-771-4114
    E-mail: info@pjm-eis.com

    06/17/2010 in Purchase and Sale Agreement

  • FAQ-73:
    I was awarded a contract to sell my SRECs to JCP&L. Can I obtain from the Solicitation Manager contact information to transfer my SRECs to JCP&L?

    Yes, such information is available upon request.  Please note that we will be issuing some questions and answers regarding the steps for the transfer of SRECs to the EDC.

    06/04/2010 in General

  • FAQ-71:
    What happens if, after signing the SREC Purchase and Sale Agreement (“SREC PSA”), the customer site goes out of business and the electric account is closed altogether?

    In the case where the Customer is the Seller under the SREC Purchase and Sale Agreement ("SREC PSA"), the Customer going bankrupt or becoming insolvent is an event of default. Upon the Customer (and Seller under the SREC PSA) filing a petition in bankruptcy or otherwise becoming insolvent or unable to pay its debts as they become due, the EDC may then terminate the contract.

    The SREC PSA, which can be found on the Documents page of the web site, does not specifically contemplate this situation when the Seller under the SREC PSA is not the Customer. The SREC PSA is clear that a condition precedent of the SREC PSA is that the Customer enter into a net metering arrangement and such an arrangement requires execution of an interconnection agreement. Net metering interconnections contemplate that the generation at the facility be used at the facility and that there is an annual proportionate balance between onsite generation and onsite usage.

    To the extent that the load behind the meter ceased to exist and the facility was a generation facility delivering to the grid, it is not clear that the interconnection agreement would remain valid and the generator may be required to comply with the Board’s rules for third party electric power suppliers at N.J.A.C. 14:4., and to execute an amended interconnection agreement. As the Board has previously stated, a customer-generator that produces more than their annual onsite electricity consumption, would likely leave other ratepayers shouldering the cost of local infrastructure improvements. If the generator was able to resolve the situation and qualify to sell power to the grid in the absence of onsite load it would need to market that power through PJM markets as the SREC PSA is clear that the EDC will not purchase energy or capacity. In such a situation, as long the generator has a valid interconnection agreement and the production of the solar facility can be measured using a meter, the SREC purchase and sale agreement could remain in effect.

    02/26/2010 in Purchase and Sale Agreement

  • FAQ-70:
    What kind of meter should a Seller expect to have installed to comply with the metering requirements under the SREC Purchase and Sale Agreement?

    Generally, the Seller should expect to be required to install a kWh meter (or electro-mechanical meter) capable of metering the kWh output of the solar installation. It is possible that there may be some exceptions and for such exceptions the EDC would work with the Seller for alternative arrangements for advanced metering installations (i.e., interval meters or remotely read meters).

    02/22/2010 in Purchase and Sale Agreement

  • FAQ-69:
    If a Developer is the owner of a successful proposal that is located on a Customer's site, and the Developer is the entity that signs the SREC PSA (thus becoming the Seller under the SREC PSA), how can the Seller agree to net metering arrangements with the EDC? Wouldn't the Customer have to agree to the net metering arrangements?

    As stated in the SREC PSA, the Seller is required to arrange, at its sole cost and expense, for net metering arrangements with the EDC. If the Seller is the Developer, this will include obtaining the agreement of the EDC customer for such arrangements.

    02/22/2010 in Purchase and Sale Agreement , General

Go to Page:    1 (Newest)    2    3    4    5    6    7    8    9    10    11    12    13    14    15    16    17    18    19    20    21    22    23    24    25    26    27    28    29 (Oldest)    << Back to FAQ Categories